The MethDet® technology provides several benefits that other competing technologies do not deliver. These include the following:
- Whole genome analysis in in ultra-small sample samples (less than 1 ng or less than 200 cells);
- Whole genome analysis in difficult samples including cell-free circulating (CFC) DNA from blood, tissue biopsies (fresh, fresh-frozen or FFPE), laser-captured areas of tissue sections (LCM), and circulating tumor cells (CTC) from blood;
- Whole genome analysis in cell-free circulating DNA from blood and other biological fluids for continuous testing on a genome-wide basis.
The MethDet® technology has an unmatched power to
- Determine DNA methylation in every fragment of the whole genome when the sample is too small for other technologies;
- Define DNA methylation in every fragment of the whole genome regardless of the sample's nature - biopsies, laser-captured areas of tissue sections, circulating tumor cells, and cytological slides using fresh, fresh-frozen or fixed samples;
- Assess cell-free circulating DNA from blood or any other biological fluid for continuous testing on a genome-wide basis;
- Analyze DNA methylation in every fragment of the whole genome of any organism when a target microarray is available.